Friday, November 27, 2009

Frequented Locale



Originally uploaded by PaulaRussell

I have really only been involved in the greater-than-aesthetics aspect of photography for about 3 years. I can still remember the feeling upon figuring out the interplay between aperture and shutter speed, or when I saw the first of one of my really blurry images, or when I exposed a wind-whipped shoreline for 30 seconds. And much of that figuring out, aside from the shoreline, has happened in the Guelph Arboretum. I love having a space that I return to regularly. It is the first place I go when I have any new piece of equipment, or a new idea, or a major change in the weather. Perhaps it functions as a baseline or a foundation, regardless it has been invaluable to follow my growth. It also forces me to try to make different images from a familiar subject, which I think is one of the most valuable tools. Here are a few images of the boardwalk in the arboretum that I have taken over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment