Thursday, January 7, 2010

Panorama Camera

I spent a week at the cabin and this year where it was within 6 degrees of 0 rather than -30, so the photography was more prolific this time round.  I did a lot of shooting with a cheap plastic camera with a binary output of N or P and loved both the process and the product of shooting with this camera.  In the past year I have noticed that I seem most drawn to the images I have made with the simplest of cameras, almost as though electricity becomes a confounded factor in the gather of light.  I had never really shot with this negative format before and I was really interested to see how it would impact the negative and inform on the sense of the image.  I enjoy the more expansive horizon without the peripheral distortion of the wide angle lens and I found it was a great format to really sweep me into an image.  I also enjoyed how the aspect ratio did tend to add some dynamism into otherwise boring subjects.  The other thing I found really interesting after viewing the images is that I think these dimensions seem to create a more visually realistic image than any focal length I have ever used.  I am going to track down other Pan users to get their thoughts on this matter.  Here are some images from this trip.










I can't wait to use the camera more often and to get into the darkroom to print these.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Paula. I can't wait to see the darkroom results!

    ReplyDelete